Simply Suhandy

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Results for Assignments/Quiz so far

There are many quizzes, assignments for the course that I am taking in SBC. Because it is a master course, we are required to do a lot of thinking, and of course, research, and papers. Due to different nature of the subjects, each subject required different kind of approach to force students to think, so that they can get the full grasp of what is it that they are studying.

For Greek, it is like learning a new language. Therefore, it is required to force the students to remember lots of words, grammar and other stuff. This subject must be studied continuously, and last minute studying will do you no good. To achieve the maximum result, we are bombarded with quiz after quiz every week. So far my result has been good ( 20/20, 24/25, 20/20), however the last homework that I submitted was poorly done and I got a Minus sign for the homework. Hopefully for the next one I can spare more time to do it.

For OT Background, this subject is full of historical background about what was happening during the OT times. There are many readings, including old poetry, poems from other civilizations. In order to force us to read, we are given quizzes also. For the first quiz, I managed to get 91/100.

For Theology of Mission, I have to say, that this is one of the most intellectually challenging subject. We are forced to think, and discuss, about mission in every perspective. Past, Present and Future. I have submitted a paper on this, but no result is given so far.

For Survey of Church History, I like this subject a lot. Only recently do I find that history is actually a very interesting subject. It is not just about remembering of the dates, but rather the sequence and consequences of each event in the history. Once you got that right, then all that is required to be remembered will fall into place accordingly. I write a paper "Eusebius" on this subject and I think I got a 9/10.

Christian Spirituality. This subject is rather vague and abstract. How do you actually mark a person's spiritual level? hehe... like, how often do you pray, or how much faith you have, etc. you can't. But this is one of the most important subject, because it concerns about the heart. If your heart is not right, then perhaps you are not supposed to stay in SBC. I do hope that I can always attune my heart to God, and benefit from this subjet. We are required to write 1 paper this week on the book of Ecclesiastes, and another paper next week on a spiritual book that we read.

Hermeneutics. So far no paper submitted yet. There will be two however, one on the book of Ruth, and the other on the Letter to the Philipians. This paper require a lot of thinking out of the box, require a combination skill of science and art to decipher what is mentioned on the surface, and below surface level of the scripture.

And... for my field education. I am required to read Uncle Cam (Cameron Townsend) the founder of Wycliffe Bible Translator's biography and present a book review.

Paper and assignment and quiz and readings... hopefully I can manage my time well and not to forget time for fellowship with one another and with God

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter