Simply Suhandy

Friday, August 17, 2007

End of Week 4 in SBC

Life in SBC is definitely tougher than what I expected.

For the survival of my stay in SBC, I have decided to start to using English for the future blog entries. The reason is simple. In SBC, even in my first semester, we are required to write various papers for each and every subject. The only paper that I have written previously was my final year paper in NTU, and I do not remember writing any other essays. I definitely need more practice.

Today (Friday, 17 August 2007), we are required to subject 2 papers:
1. Reflection on "A New Eusebius" by Stevenson
2. Compare and Contrast between OT and NT Theology of Mission

Eusebius is the first Church Historian. He lived around AD 300, and thus had access to many ancient documents dated after the Apostolic era. The book basically described all sorts of persecution faced by the early Christians and how they persevered to the end.

The second paper is trying to dray a golden thread between the old and the new testaments, and conclude that God indeed is a missionary God, that He, through different time and era, used different people, conditions, circumstances to achieve His Mission, that is to reconcile mankind back to Him, through the Man and Work of Christ.

Many hours was spent to complete the two papers. Prior to writing, we need to read and research quite a many number of pages. The readings alone took a lot time, not to mention to put them into writing. My best record was about 300 words per hour, and I spent the whole last night to write the second paper. I was not alone. I think half the class did not had a good sleep last night, and some didn't sleep at all.

However, I think it is a good start to have a feel of what is the REAL thing in SBC. It is either you love the food too much, that your Stomach Biggerthan Chair, or you study too much until you Slowly Become Crazy. Some of the subject and workloads here are Simply Beyond Comprehension of your human mind, but I think that is where God and friendships come into play.

Both papers will be published in the next entries.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter