Simply Suhandy

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Year 2011 that Begins with H1N1

I was supposed to preach on the Beatitudes today, about the true meaning of being blessed. But God has another plan, that forced me to stay in my bed - by allowing me to contract the H1N1 swine flu virus.

Diagnosed with H1N1

It all began since Christmas event of the church, when I started to feel unwell. After the event, and the next day's Sunday Service, I started to have a high fever. It started with 37.7, and slowly climbed up to 38.3. The paracetamol helped to lower the temperature to slightly below 38, but it did not last long. On Monday, I went to my family doctor, and she prescribed me with standard flu medication.

Because the temperature persists, on Wednesday I returned to the clinic again. To my surprise, the doctor say, since the Christmas (3 days past) she got 4 patients with high fever above 38, and 3 of which were confirmed with H1N1. By her wisdom and experience, she did a swab test on me, and we will wait for the result in the next 24-48 hours.

On Thursday, my temperature started to drop and stabilized below 37 degree, which is pretty much normal. I happily get myself prepared for the ministry I am supposed to participate on 31st December and 2nd January. I mailed the church leaders to announce that I have no problem at all (it's the fourth days I took MC - and they are worried).

On Friday morning 10 am, I received a call from the family doctor, announcing that I am confirmed with H1N1 swine flu. I am required to go to the clinic immediately. I arrived there, and the doctor checked, and was surprised that I show no sign of fever or flu at all. I still have some cough and muscle pain, but it all seem manageable.

She did not prescribe me with any new medication, no tamiflu or what.. she just gave me another 3 days mc, for within this period I may still pass the virus to others. She said, I cannot go to the church for the watchnight service, or the Sunday service.

Blessing in Disguise

I was sad - am still sad - for missing the first service in the New Year of the church. And yet, as I ponder on the Scripture on which I am supposed to preach on, my eyes began to open and see.

I thank God!! for averting a disaster from happening to the church through me. I am supposed to be the channel of blessing to God, by preaching His message, but without His intervention, I may have brought a disaster to the church.

You see, if the doctor - who is a Christian also - did not do a test on me, and the result did not come back on Friday morning, all would think that I have recovered from my flu, and I would be in the Church for both the Watchnight Service as well as the New Year Sunday Service.

There will be tonnes of interactions with the old folks in the Chinese congregation, and mingling with the younger ones in the English congregation; Out of the 120 Chinese congregation, about half are well above 50. Should I pass the virus to these old folks, or the younger ones, I would not know what will happen. Perhaps I will never forgive myself if something bad really happen.

As such, I feel that I am truly blessed by God, for He has prevent such things from happening. I give thank to the Lord for this New Year present, for the H1N1, and especially for reminding me... when something bad happened to you.. it may not be really a bad thing... always look to the cross and God will give you the light to see His purpose in all that is happening around you..

God bless

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 am , Blogger Bayaraa said...

    Hey bro, how are you in these days? As you know I had same story last new year and you know that by God's blessing which healed easily and praised Him. Hope you already well this day, praying for you bro :)

    Take care,
    Byra

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter