Simply Suhandy

Monday, September 24, 2007

Sickness... a blessing in disguise?

Into the 9th week of my course in SBC...
and finally, a sickness kicked in.

A sickness in the second half of the semester where a lot of assignments are due?
I am supposed to hand in a Missions paper today, prepare for greek quiz tomorrow. I have a group assignment meeting this afternoon and another mission meeting tonight in church. All these are canceled, because of my little sickness.

I slept at 12.30 last night. At 2 am, I woke up with a bloated stomach. I felt a lot of air inside. Not long after that, I went to puke. Apparently the food that I ate earlier in the evening were not digested properly. From then on, I was in the state of half sleeping half waking up to puke. I tried to drink some water but anything that comes in, goes out a few minutes later. Had some diarrhoea in the morning. My temperature was 37.8 centigrade. I feel floating.

I went to see a doctor and was given some medications and 2 days MC for rest. The charge for all is $30 (a significant amount since I am not working now). The doctor advised that I should eat nothing other than porridge. I sent emails to cancel all the appointments for the day. I ate the medicine and went to sleep.

Thank God for the many hours of sleep. I wake up at 5 pm to eat the porridge i bought in the morning. My appetite is coming back and there is no more puking sensation.

Perhaps, this is the only way that I can gain some rest. Studying in SBC is definitely tough, and coping with other duties and responsibilities in church is making it worse.

I thank God for this blessing in disguise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter