Simply Suhandy

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Second Semester in SBC

Time to blog again.... especially after the busy weeks in SBC

I have to say, that the past 3-4 weeks were my toughest week in SBC.. so far
why?

Almost all subjects have an assignment or two due.. and all of them were falling more or less during the same period of time, not to mention the other quizzes and discussions ... I was literally living moment by moment, moving from one deadline to another deadline...

Because of this, I am deeply grateful for Dr. Calvin Chong the dean of my school. You see, earlier this semester, I was tempted to take one week leave to visit Davao at Southern Philippines to witness the Bible Dedication ceremony of 4 newly published bibles there. The planned trip was about 2-3 weeks prior to exam, which is, yes, the toughest period that I mentioned above. Should Dr. Chong not reminded me on the criticality of this period, I would have suffer alot.

Bible dedication is about the publishing of the full or NT bible in a new tribal language, for the use of mission in that place. It is rather important for me, since that is more or less the career path that I am going through in the future. I may missed it this time, but I am glad to find out, that Bible Dedication ceremony, although rare, was not that infrequent. I am sure that in the years to come, I will have plenty more opportunity to attend one.

Anyway, back to this semester. This semester in SBC is also one of the longest semester, because of the one week mid-term break and one-week chinese new year break. On top of that, Immediately following the closing ceremony this friday, on monday I will have intensive class of Intermediate Greek for 2.5 weeks. That adds up to 5 full months of study.

Overall, how do I fare so far?
1. OT Studies : a big question mark, because most of our term papers are not returned yet
2. Building Strong Family: one more research paper due by end of this month
3. Greek: the Quizzes were better than last semester, but the final exam was not that perfect. I may not be able to maintain an A, but should be able to retain an A-
4. NT Survey: all the projects, and quizzes are marked. If my calculation is not wrong, A-
5. Asian Church History: The overall result should be around the region of A-

Actually I have more difficulty studying in this semester and for the next semester I am going move in to the campus to have more 'conducive' study environment. Conducive, yes, but hotter and humid, yes also. I guess, I have to do that as a means of sacrifice. In order to study better, learn community living, save travel time, I think that will be the right move.

hmm.. time to get back to my notes, need to prepare for the quiz this coming friday.

blessings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter