Simply Suhandy

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Life in SBC Hostel

Tonight is my second night in SBC Hostel.

Some people asked me, why I decided to move in, since I got a house not so far from the school. Well, 40-50 minutes travel time is indeed not that far, but the travel tires me down easily, and after I get back home, usually there are just too much temptations like TV, or the bed, to distract me away from my studies.

I figure that if I were to stay in SBC, the environment will support me to study.

Well, let's see how it goes.

Yesterday was the first day of study, officially. I moved in in the morning and quickly went to the classroom to study Hebrew. After 2 hours of lessons, we proceed for lunch and another 2 hours of OT Studies 2. Time was 4pm, and there is not much time to rest. 5 pm Indonesian Fellowship had a meeting that ended at 6pm, followed by dinner. I went back to the room thinking of wanting to sleep, but my meager furnitures in the triple-sharing room need to be rearranged. After I am more or less settled, and I managed to study for 30 minutes. But lo and behold, time is now 10 pm already! and we had a floor meeting for 1 hour until 11pm. Lights out!

Lights out doesn't mean that you need to sleep. Many continued to work, study eventhough it was only the first day at school. Me? I got to zoom in to my accounting work due for the sunday's mission challenge. I managed to finish everything at 2.30 am, and preparing to sleep.

Sleeping in a new bed, new room, with 2 new friends, without aircon, without blanket, without pillow case, is not 'easy' I must say. I turn and turn, adjusted my personal fan, until I fall a sleep perhaps 1 hour or more later. My sleep did not last long also. at around 6 am, there are already sounds here and there and people started to wake up preparing for the morning duty.

I stayed until 6.30 am to get up and went upstairs to sweep the classroom assigned to me. When I finished at 7 am, I managed to get about 30 minutes nap before breakfast time. I got class at 8am.

3 hours uneasy sleep is definitely not enough for my frail body. Not to mention that the morning weather is cool with rain. The airconned lectured room was cold. Before long, I started to have runny nose. Oh God, how can I last today's 8-5pm lessons? When the class ended at 10 am, I excused myself from the morning chapel and get about 40 minutes sleep. Lessons continued at 11 to 1pm, followed by lunch, then another class from 2-5 pm. A short break is there for me to check and reply mail. 6 pm, we started to have dinner, and I have to sit in for another meeting at 6.30 to 7, to remind me of my 'kitchen duty' tomorrow, from breakfast until dinner time.

Well, one thing I can thank God for, I managed to finish the final accounting report. and tonight, I shall have a good sleep. Tomorrow is already thursday, and I haven't really touched much on the subject to be tested this saturday, but I have the entire afternoon to prepare. I hope that I can make use of the time well.

So, you see, the time in SBC is spent in many activities, and not much time to rest, not much time to study either. I hope that after this saturday, I will be able to really study for all the subjects I am taking this semester.

thank God.. for everything... :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter