Simply Suhandy

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The TV Moments of my life

If a person wants to appear on TV, then it is better for the person to stay in a smaller country.

I remember that as a youth, I was fascinated and excited when I heard that SBC then (Singapore Broadcasting Corporation) is going to shoot some scene near my house in Tanjung Pinang. I got to see some TV Stars that normally shown in the square-box called TV. To be closed to the Stars, is something beyond the imagination to a Kampung boy like me. To be able to see any of the stars in real person was rare.

As I came to Singapore, I became literally closer to the "stars". They are human after all. They need food, and they have emotions. A couple of them may gather at Adam Road food center to order a late-night roti prata. Some health-conscious ones may workout at California Fitness Center. Some of them who are moms may shop in the NTUC near your house. Some maybe your hostel-mate in university!!

But, never had I dreamed that one day I will have the chance to appear on TV. Not to star a movie or TV drama of course. And not in a criminal show either, hahaha.

1. Mahler Symphony No.8: Symphony of the Thousand. A combined performance at Esplanade Concert Hall at 28th-29th May 2004. To be honest, I knew that the Annual Gala Concert of SSO (Singapore Symphony Orchestra) was being recorded live. But I do not know when it was shown on TV. It is there though, shown on Art Central and for a couple of times already. And there I am, strategically positioned in front of the video camera. Out of more than 600 performers on stage, I was fortunate enough to have the camera stopping on me for many times. I kept a copy of the recording, naturally.

2. "Say Goodbye" a recent Channel 8 show. I was on board the ship Doulos on their final stop in Singapore. I knew that that would be the last times I see the floating bookshop. I went there early to buy some books to support them. And there were the TV crews asking a few of customers whether or not they are chinese speaking. And, there I was, being interviewed in Mandarin. The interview, and another scene showing buying some books, appeared on TV on the 30th January 9.30 pm show.

3. Monday, 8th Feb 2010, there was a news about a senior pastor was interogated for his insensitive comments during a church service. The news was a front page news at the StraitTimes, and because of that ChannelNewsAsia wants to interview SBC regarding their view. They interviewed the principal, and for extra, they intruded into our homiletics class and took a video of the entire class. The recording was shown on TV last night (9th Feb), in almost every news segment of channels U, 8, 5, CNA, and my face was even shown in the news preview :)

Hehe.. it is nothing much.. but this is just coincidence :) it just goes to show, that when you are in a smaller country, there is a higher chance for you to bump into someone, and that someone could be a reporter :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter