Simply Suhandy

Friday, January 29, 2010

Which Church Oh Lord...?

Having a headache... trying to sleep but cannot sleep...
maybe it will help if I just record down the cause of the headache here...

I have been looking for a church to serve upon graduation from SBC
the church that I have served for the past 11.5 years have no position for me
and because of that, I am looking for a church that offers me pastoral position..

The task of looking for a new church to serve is never easy, there are always issues:
1. why your church do not want to hire you?
2. is there anything wrong, that after 11 years you have to find a new church?
3. sorry, we only cater for our church members... we do not know you
4. our church have enough pastor already, maybe you can try elsewhere..
5. our church is mission minded, that's why many people come to our church hoping to find support (including you)
6. you don't have experience
7. you got heart problem
8. you are a traitor (converted to singaporean)

thankfully, through this period of time, God has seen me through. The people who are supposed to help me, in the end, did not help me much. The people least expected to help me, become my greatest helpers. Through some recommendations, I managed to get interviews and offers from two churches.

1. A BP Church of around 300 members. The church has an existing pastor, but need a supporting ministry staff to help him running the ministries. The church is already 22 years old, and has experiences in sending missionaries. I will be expected to help in Pastoral ministries and CG, as well as some areas of worship or translation ministries.

2. A CNEC church of around 60 members. The church has not have an adult pastor for the past 20-30 years. The church needs an adult pastor, to help producing a vision for the church, together with the board of deacons to think and plan ahead for the church, especially on how to retain the youths. I will be expected to help in pulpit, CG, bible study, and other areas.

Over the last two days, the offer in terms of salary package was given by both churches. And now, it is the time to pray, and discern, on what God really wants us to do. We are not dreaming of living luxuriously, but we do need to live adequately. There will be expectation from our parents, about how I live and so on. The decision is tough, especially because I will be a newly-wed husband, and newly-appointed pastor at almost the same time. Can I manage both, or will I fail in both? This is a real concern.

so, if you are reading this, please pray with me, for me, as I make my decision together with my fiancee, and may the decision be a wise decision that will glorify God

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter