Simply Suhandy

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Let’s Move On …

Let’s Move On …

There is a time for everything, the Teacher in Ecclesiastes 3 says, and by ‘everything’ I believe that there is a time to ‘stay on’ and ‘move on’ also.

Some of us like to stay in status quo, but others may feel the need to change. That’s why we move from house to house, from job to job, and maybe even from relationship to relationship to find one that is better or suit us best.

There is definitely a virtue in “staying” and be contented with what we have, but sometimes we really need to “move on”. When do we need to move on?

There was a Catholic priest who was with his apprentice. As they were about to wade across a river, there was a young lady who wants to cross the river also. The priest then offered to carry the lady across and the lady concurred. The apprentice was dumbfounded, for he was thought by the priest not to touch females. After they waded through the river, the priests and the lady went their separate ways. The young priest’s faced was sour, and after two hours walking, he finally blurted out. “why did you touch the young lady, and did not do as you preach?!” The old priest looked at him and said, ”brother, I have put her down two hours ago, why are you still holding on to her?”*

Brothers and sisters in Christ. All of us have done mistakes in the past. None of us are without fault. However, with regards to faults and mistakes, it is highly recommended that we should move on.

For us who committed the sins. Let us move on, and try to be a better person. Do not dwell and feel sorry about the mistakes done. What is done cannot be undone.

For us who witnessed the sins. Let us confront it and move on. Give the person a chance to move on too. What is the benefit of binding the person with the chains that Christ has already broken?

King David said in Psalms 51: “Against you only have I sinned” It is the Lord who is the offended party, not us. Why do we hold grudges over our erring brothers and sisters in Christ?

There is a time for everything, and now is time to move on, my friends.


*story adapted popular folklore

5 Comments:

  • At 8:42 am , Blogger www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:30 am , Anonymous combinacion colores interiores said...

    The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I know it was my option to learn, but I actually thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you would fix when you werent too busy on the lookout for attention.

     
  • At 11:05 am , Blogger Suhandy Yao Wei Xuan said...

    To combinacion colores interiores:

    Thanks for your comments. But forgive me if it appears to me that either you are commenting on the wrong blog site, or you have a serious problem in comprehending simple English.

    fyi, my blog is not there to grab attention.

     
  • At 8:16 pm , Anonymous wholesale jewelry said...

    I am very much impressed with your blog

     
  • At 5:20 pm , Blogger itnoor.blogspot.com said...

    Awesome Blog.
    I regularly visting your blog
    Best Blog Must Watch

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter