Simply Suhandy

Saturday, May 10, 2008

end of the semester - closing chapel

Today is the closing chapel for the second semester.

but prior to that, we have a short (repeat) quiz for one of the subject.
the quiz is about the theme of the Pentateuch according to 2 scholars, T.D. Alexander and David Clines. Why is it a repeat quiz? well... quite a number of students failed the quiz the first time, and the lecturer is generous and gracious to have this second quiz. The questions will be different of course! However, I have confident that I performed better

In the closing chapel, the principal dr. Albert Ting, reminded us of the need for us to rest and make us of the holiday for fruitful reflection, rather than just laxing around doing nothing. Indeed, through the busy studying period, sometimes we are lacking in time to reflect, be it on the subjects we learned, issues we faced, relationships we encountered, and only during this time can we really reflect.

The 'rest', however, will only be truly experienced by me after 12th of June. Why? starting from monday, I am taking intermediate greek for the next 2.5 weeks. Following that will be the time for the mission trip to West Kalimantan.

One of the special event after the closing chapel is the jumble-sale. I managed to purchase 8 plates for 50cents each, a box of band aid for $2, 3 books for $1 each, and many others.. it is a good buy really. I hope that I can make good use of the stuff I bought though :)..

time to rest... tomorrow i will be busy to help out in a wedding to be a translator. I hope I can do the work satisfactorily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter