Simply Suhandy

Friday, August 01, 2008

Hebrew oh Hebrew...

Studying Hebrew is well... not any easier than studying Greek

Firstly, it is not cheaper, but rather more expensive!
I have to buy the Basics of Biblical Hebrew (as compared to Basics of Biblical Greek) last year
I have to buy the workbook which costs about half the price of the text book
I have to buy the Hebrew bible which costs about 40-50 dollars AFTER 50% discount from the Bible house

so, how can it be easier? at least it is making my life more difficult from the economic sense

Secondly, the Hebrew letters are unlike the Greek letters. It is in box form and squarish and have a lot of similarities, dots, strokes, which can be easily confused with one another.

But one thing I am thankful for, that is the pronunciation of the Hebrew words and the way their syllabification is form is not much different from the Indonesian language. So from there, I can get a bit of advantage.

I am still taking a long time to pronounce each character, and I hope that I can improve as the time goes by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter