Simply Suhandy

Monday, February 09, 2009

Loan Shark Visit #2

A continuation from the previous post on Loan Shark Visit #1 below

About 1 month or so after the first incidents, we thought that the LS has forgotten about us. We were wrong. I was away to a short retreat for a few days and the house looked normal. At night, when my bro came home, he said there are some people playing pranks on our house and sprayed the door with coffee. He had wiped it clean, so I didn't notice it when I entered the house. I was tired then, so I didn't think much of the event.

The next day, I went to the Church as usual, and when I returned home, I noticed there is a tiny little pool of black coloured liquid on the floor, under the door. It was about 1.30 pm. I asked my bro, didn't you wipe the coffee stain last night? he said yes. I said, there's coffee stain there now, and he said, probably some leftover coffee from the door frame, that drips over the time. (when I left home in the morning, the floor was clean)

I get a wet cloth and tried to clean the mess and as I was doing so, discovered there is a note near the door. Carefully, I hold the corner of the note and opened it, and it revealed: "XXXX XXX HUI, O$P$, call this number #######"

I learned my lesson from the previous incident. I left the note where it was, called 999 and wait for the police to come. About 20 minutes later, 2 policemen arrived. After a brief introduction, background, explanation, one of the police started to work and take down my statement. The other brought a camera and started to take picture of the 'crime scene' where the coffee stains were.

The police explained, that those who splash the coffee and leaving notes are mostly not the LS themselves, but the people who owed them money. In return for interest waiver, they run errands for the LS, at the risk of being caught. Why? because any LS caught by the police, they will be punished by cane stroke.. so it is a win-win solution for them.

The police left soon afterwards, and they left a contact number for the CID officer in charge of this case, who we may try to contact when we see any suspicious activities/peoples around our hdb.

There is no news from the LS ever since (about 3 months already). We hope that we have seen the last of them. This time is coffee stain, who knows what is next? paints? rubbish? thankfully, we will be moving over to a new block in 2011. We will not need to worry about such annoyance later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter