Simply Suhandy

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Hebrew Quiz havoc

As usual, we had a Hebrew Quiz today. The previous lesson that we covered was on 'waw conversive' in chapter 17 of the text book, and so I have studied the details in the text book, as well as the assignments. And yes, we have to memorize 30 vocabs (that is the 280th vocabs in this semester so far)

The quiz turned out to be something quite unexpected. Yes, the questions were taken from the homeworks given, but the specific details being asked was not confined to the 'waw conversive' chapter, but including many of the previous chapters as well, including pronominal suffix, directional ending, plural nouns, adjectives, etc.

I thank God, that I remembered most of the previous lessons and managed to answer most of the questions. The result for this quiz should not be that bad.

The second havoc happened at the evening, when I received the previous quiz's result. I got 85.5, not exactly a bad result, but I felt so down afterwards. Why is that so? There is one section where I got it entirely wrong and lost 10 marks. The problem is, I actually know the correct answer, but due to a careless mistake, I put the sufformative endings of a paradigm in the wrong order, and as a result, all is wrong. Now, I understand, you may not understand what I am talking about, just imagine this:

The correct sufformative order is: 1,2,3,4,5 but I write: 2,3,4,5,6 and because of that, not one of them is correct.

Apart from that, there are other careless mistakes here and there.

Well, I think that the reason why I did rather badly in this particular quiz, was because I was very tired that day, and lacking of sleep.

Nevertheless, I felt quite sad and down. Partly because I know that I should be able to perform well, but I was careless, secondly, because I used to do better than my two friends, but now they are better than I am. I realized that maybe I have been building my own confidence on my superiority over them, and not on God. Something I think God is trying to tell me through this lesson.

Now that I recall, there were many times when I scored above 90, but my friends are in their 60s or 70s. I couldn't conceal my smiling face, but their hearts must be really hurt and down when they knew my result. I am feeling the pain that they may felt previously.

I thank God for the lessons that He has given me today, and I pray that I will be more sensitive and ready to help my friends when they are in need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter