Simply Suhandy

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Intermediate Greek and Greek Exegesis Result

Today we got the result of our Intermediate Greek Subject.
The subject was taken during the inter-semestral break, and due to many reasons, all but one student took the exam straight away after the lessons. That student got an A. And that student wasn't me.

I went away for the 'holiday' and prepared for the mission trip to Kalimantan Barat. And after that trip, I got to pull myself together in order to study again. All the intermediate greek lessons were like foreign things to me. (it is foreign by the way)

I studied and braced myself for the exam. When I came out of the exam, I knew that my result was not very good. But there's no one to blame except myself right?

The lecturer, mr. Lang, mentioned few days ago in the class, that out of the about 20 people taking the subject, there are 4 students with F or failure and thus required to retake. After some deliberation, he decided to push the result of every student by 6 points up, and with that, the lowest grade will be upped to D. We are thankful for that. But apart from that, he is allowing the students to retake some of the tests or redo extra assignments, and with potential to push up the grade by 10 points up.

Today, the result is given out. The final grade that i got is an A-. As I can see in the list of results on the lecturer's paper, I was the second best in the class after the student that I mentioned got an A earlier. The lecturer said, I shouldn't need to retake the test. And I thought so. I think it is not fair for the student who has put in much effort to get an A. It is not fair that I should get an A in that easy manner.

Anyway, we are already into the end of the first half of the semester. Thank God for the Greek knowledge that I've got, so far my result for the NT Exegesis are quite good. Out of the 4 quizzes that we had so far, the first three are already marked and I got 95, 98 and 97 respectively. It is my wish to secure an A for this subject, not only because grade is important to me, but because I want to prove my ability in linguistic area.

Midterm break begins next week, I hope that I can get enough rest and also time to do the many assignments I listed before. I didn't sleep the whole night last night trying to finish one of the assignments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter