Simply Suhandy

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Third Semester in SBC

It seems only yesterday that I started my school in SBC.
but now, I am already more than half way through my education here

I have gone through a lot...
Difficult times with difficult teachers...
Tiring times with difficult assignments...
Stressful times with upcoming quizzes and exams...
Exciting times with the mission trip to Nias...
Partying times with my hostel mates...
Frustrating times with the school policies...
Sleepy times attending the chapels ...
Happy times receiving good results ...
Sad times receiving bad results...
Gentle times meeting with my girl friend...
Quiet times meeting with the Lord ...

the list can go on and on...
all the times that I am able to go through... I can only give thanks to God for giving me life and a chance to learn about Him more in the school, through the subjects, through the people.

The third semester did not pass by easily. I have burnt more midnight oil than what I ever did in the first year. Perhaps there are 5 times at least that I never slept at night to finish a due assignment. Staying in the hostel did not help, for the lights ought to go off at 11 am, but we normally sleep after 2 a.m. We need to wake up at 6.30 to do the morning duties (so you can calculate our sleeping ours). Finally, I decided to move out of the hostel... (yes, the raise of the hostel fee is one of the SMALL reason)

Again, I thank God for all the graciousness he did to me this semester. I was able to pass beyond my own expectation. I managed to push my GPA to beyond 3.5, and isn't that a good news?

But school does not stop here. For now I am already in the fourth week. The school work is the hardest ever, with hundreds of pages to read every week. I do hope that I can complete these assignments beyond the basic requirements and learn what God wants me to know.

Prayer Requests:
1. Going through the rigorous activities in a Seminary can be a most Unspiritual thing, if you leave God outside. So, please pray with me there.
2. Pray also for my personal walk with the Lord
3. Pray for my health. I have been feeling very tired and fatigue everyday
4. Pray for my heart. I am going to see my cardiologist this coming monday. Pray that the leaking heart condition (MVP) does not get worse. If God willing, may He completely heal me.
5. Pray for my financial support. The church has been gracious in supporting me, but I am still in need of more $$$ to survive.
6. Pray for my future ministry as Bible Translator. Pray for the opportunity for me to visit some friends in Yunnan, China, to learn about the culture and language of the people there
7. Pray for the salvation of my family. Many have yet to receive Christ, including my parents
8. Pray for my relationship with my girlfriend, Susan, that God will keep us holy and that we may love each other more each day, as we learn to know more about each other.

in Christ,
Suhandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter