Simply Suhandy

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Final Semester in SBC

Time flies
This is now the third study week of my final semester in SBC
What previously was an uncertain decision to leave the workplace
has turned into an uncertain feeling, wondering what awaits me in the future

In this final semester, I shall study the following subjects:
1. Homiletics 2: more on preaching on special events
2. Pastoral Leadership and Ministry: a skill I will certainly need in a church
3. Advanced Greek Exegesis on the book of Hebrews
4. Hebrew Exegesis on the book of Isaiah
5. Systematic Theology III: on Eschatology and Ecclesiology
6. Theology of Worship: what is worship anyway?

out of these 6 subjects, 4 of the lecturers are new to me... so it will be a time of adjusting to the style of teaching of individual lecturers and understanding what they want..

Fortunately, there will be no exams for any of the subjects and most will require about 3 paper assignments to be submitted, apart from tonnes of readings (as always).

These are the books that I will be required to read:
1. Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels
2. AXIOM by Bill Hybels
3. Next Generation Leadership by Andy Stanley
4. The Prophecy of Isaiah by J. Alec Motyer
5. Worship Old and New by Webber
6. Engaging God by David Peterson
7. Christian Theology by Millard J. Erickson
and a few more... apart from additional ones I need to read for papers of course...

pray for courage to finish this 'study' segment of my life in this few months... coz I still have 'wedding' segment and 'church' segment to fulfill...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter