Simply Suhandy

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reflection of 2011

Reflection of 2011

Serving the Lord is never an easy task. And it is more so in the capacity of a church pastor.

In good moments, I can see far ahead and envision what the church can become when all the potentials are properly developed and utilized in place.

In sad moments, I sat back and wonder what went wrong. Why are there so many negative voices whispering behind my back. I know that I have many weaknesses and there are things that I could have done better, but I would appreciate a direct feedback if the person genuinely wants the ministry of the church to improve.

No feedback = No communication = my presence in the church is not needed.

But the Lord is good. He kept reminding me of the purpose of my calling. He reminded me that my purpose here is to build up and strengthen the church. He convicted me that all good works must start with the Word ministry and that is where I have embarked on in 2011.

The pulpit ministry is no longer a haphazard compilation of sermons that is controlled by the multitude of speakers invited by the church. The cell group is restructured so that the entire church can progress through same materials. The pastor’s note and the bulletin have continued to be a channel of communication to the congregation.

Some people may find the pulpit ministry, the pastor’s note and the cell group materials to be simplistic. I remember some scholar who was proud in delivering messages that no one understood, and for that he was proud. It proves that he is not shallow and above all his listeners. My goal is not to be like him, but to be like a Preacher who preached simplistic message to a crowd of listeners years ago, so that all may understand regardless of their education level.

Yes, my goal for 2012 is to be a simple preacher, teacher, pastor and friend. I will continue to serve where my service is felt needed. I will teach those who are willing to be taught. I will preach to those who are willing to listen.

May God who has guided me in 2011 continue to lead His church in 2012

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter