Simply Suhandy

Friday, January 22, 2010

Preaching @ Sembawang

Part and parcel of the process of finding a church to serve includes occasional requests to preach or do ministry works with the church. This is done so as to allow the church to get to know you, and also to evaluate you on your skills.

Tonight, I was required to attend a CG of one of the churches offering me a possibility to serve there. In order to assess me better, they combined the leaders of 3 CGs and listened to my sermon for 30+ minutes.

As the assignments from the school is overwhelming enough, I cannot come up with a new sermon, so I just tweaked one of my sermon assignments and delivered it in a more informal manner.

The sermon is taken from the book of Malachi 3:1-12. The sermon is about God's faithfulness and Justice and that they are bound to come, at any time, and we better be prepared in our hearts, in all our deeds, for the Lord's coming is unexpected, or maybe the time when He will call you home is unexpected.

It is a nice and good fellowship, more like couple's fellowship, for there were maybe 6-7 couples there and two are pregnant ladies, one brought a small baby of two-month old.

I am glad to be given opportunity to minister to the group, although I do not know for sure, how my message can work in their heart, for I too was very tired during the delivery.

I am still quite new in the area of preaching, and I hope that God can work in me and mold me, so that I can be a better preacher for His ministries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter