Simply Suhandy

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Last Week ... Last Leap to finishing line

Finally, it's weekend again...
It is really the final week before all the things should be handed in to school..
but to date, I still have 4 assignments to do..

Word Study: due Tuesday - Pushed to Friday
For this assignment on the "holy one of Israel" I have done the data collection and I need to put it in an essay, to synthesize the data and to present why this term is used in Isaiah.

Worship Policy paper: Due Monday - Pushed to next Monday.
For this assignment, I need to write a rather comprehensive worship policy for use in a church, but not too deep (2500 words). I got some idea from a lecturer during a leisure talk. The worship policy should begin with a statement about theology of worship of the church, and develop it into various practical guide in the areas of worship, confession, offering, sermon, ushering, holy communion, baptism and so on.

Sermon: Due Tuesday (final deadline).I need to write a sermon (2000-3000 words) on either wedding, funeral, evangelistic or the OT prophets. I am basically clueless about how to begin this with. As a pastor, I need to do wedding, funeral and evangelistic sermons, so to do those will be beneficial for my future ministries. But to do things that I am not familiar with in this tough period, is it wise?

Exegetical Paper (25-30 pages). Due first week of May. Trying to finish this by coming Friday (30th April). I have gathered enough resources (10+ commentaries, 10 academic journals, some books, dictionary and grammar books) for this paper. I have prepared the outline for the entire paper. I have also started to write the skeleton for the paper on what issue to explore/develop. But it certainly need lots of concentration to get this done. I am quite confident, yet at the same time scared.

With the four deadlines in view, I should focus on the sermon and get it done today (4-5 hours). Perhaps tomorrow or monday I can get 1-2 hours to revise it (whenever I revise a sermon, there are always new insights and great improvements!). I may write a wedding sermon for myself! The next thing will be the word study, which is about 50% done. Followed by the worship policy paper and the exegetical paper. Tomorrow, I will focus on the exegetical paper for sure. But I'd better don't think too much.

Start with a little goal in mind. Achieve that little goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Free Blog Counter